Ceviche de Coliflor (Cauliflower Ceviche)
This recipe is a hit with all our youth programming participants, including our You Grow Chica! farm summer camp.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1-3 fresh jalapenos
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 12-14 tostada shells, tortilla chips, or lettuce leaves
- Use a sharp knife to mince cauliflower, cilantro, onion, chiles, and garlic into pea-sized pieces.
- Transfer to a salad bowl and toss with tomatoes, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving for best taste.
La Semilla adaptation: Top with black beans and avocado
One of the favorites, hands down. It's not included in the recipe but we always adapt and add/top with black beans and avocado.
From Decolonize Your Diet by Luz Calvo and Catriona Rueda Esquibel