As a picky kiddo corn was a go-to vegetable. These fritters are packed with flavor and are screamy summer yum!
2 cups fresh corn
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 large egg
4 Tbsp rice flour
4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups olive oil
Pepper jelly (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Mix in egg, then mix in flours until thoroughly combined.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Working in batches of 3-4 fritters at a time, drop 1 tablespoon of batter per fritter into the oil and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute each side.
- Transfer fritters to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain; season with a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve with lime wedges and pepper jelly if desired.